Hi Thomas,

I use ANTLR to generate C++ code which I subsequently extend into Ruby.
It'd be absolute overkill if you're not already extending/embedding for
your project though!

I believe ANTLR is LL(*). It also does lexers.

There is apparently a Ruby target for ANTLR as well. I've never tried it
myself.

You'll need Java to build, but not to run- that's the case in my current
project but I'm not using the latest ANTLR.

Some links:

http://www.antlr.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANTLR
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Antlr3RubyTarget

Another thing to explore, maybe. :)

Good luck!

Garth

PS. If someone has already suggested ANTLR, my apologies. I skimmed the
replied but it was hardly a detailed search.