Michael Davis <mdavis / sevainc.com> wrote:
>> I'd regard Aruna as "just another soon-to-fail Internet IPO" except
>> that they actually have a real name computer scientist around...  The
>> thing that's surprising is that they've been around since '96, and
>> have neither boomed nor busted.
>
> Well, Aruna is not an internet IPO and is not soon-to-fail.

Well, the Aruna that I _first_ found was the following one:

Aruna Plc Aruna House, 110 St George's Rd, London, SE1 6EU, United
Kingdom, Tel +44 (0)20 7902 5353 Fax +44 (0)20 7902 5354

Background:

  aruna's product stems from groundbreaking developments in precision
  searching of structured data. Our Chief Scientist, Gaston Gonnet,
  and our Chief Technologist, Tim Snider are world renowned experts in
  developing ground breaking data structures and retrieval
  algorithms. Their most recent work at aruna follows on from Gaston
  Gonnet's work on the Human Genome.

  aruna's novel approach to extending production environments,
  companion technology, was conceived by aruna's Founder, Mark
  McLellan, based upon years of research into the complexity and cost
  of typical IT projects. The combination of advanced mathematics and
  extensive commercial experience form the driving force behind aruna.

  Through Companion technology, Aruna has resolved the familiar issue
  for business users of the inability to quickly get information from
  disparate and complex production systems. Our solution requires no
  tuning or programming and installs easily in a matter of days. ROI
  begins sooner than with conventional technologies.

They're the European distributor of the FreedomIntelligence SQL
engine, and Gonnet used to be a professor at University of Waterloo.
(Guess what Canadian city FreedomIntelligence is based in :-)?)

You might at some point find a need to look at some alternative names,
because I suspect they got there first...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc@" "sirhc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/oses.html