Hi,

From: Craig Files <craig_files / agilent.com>
Subject: TCL interpreter in Ruby?
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:59:31 +0900
> What I would like to do:
> 1. Leave the user configure scripts alone
> 2. Rewrite the TCL library so that it is in Ruby.
> 3. Have a Ruby TCL interpreter that reads (parses) the configure scripts
>    - the interpreter outputs errors found in the TCL scripts
>    - ability to call methods in the Ruby library
>    - users do not notice that a difference between the two versions

Please read TkCore module and TkVarAccess module on tk.rb.
I think that Tk.tk_call method and TkVariable objects will solve
your problem. The following is a sample to show tha way of reading
the user configure scripts.
require 'tk'
def Tk.load_tcl_script(file)
  Tk.tk_call('eval', open(file){|f| f.read})
# Shold I introduce the method on tk.rb? :-)