Dear Ladies (??) and Gentlemen (okay we have plenty of those),

I wrote a script which needs a variable in order to proceed. This =
variable is defined by the user otherwise the default location is =
chosen. After a discussion I had on IRC (#ruby @ Freenode), I came up =
with a few questions.

My script is structured like this:

class [...]
optparse [...]
execution_flow_control [...]

I do the 'control' of this variable inside the class like this:

class Prog
 attr_accessor :database
 def initialize(database)
   @database =3D database
 end                    =20

[...]

	def create_table(tableid)
   		if @database and File.exists?(@database) <--- control
[...]

end

I was wondering if this is the right way actually do this control since, =
if @database is not set, the flow will never reach that point, because =
the class takes 1 argument (which is @database) and if it's null, it =
will come up with an error.

The script works fine, as is. I optimized it a bit, by removing and/or =
optimizing some functions. But I'm curious, where is the right place for =
doing this control which is necessary for execution?

Best Regards,

ps. Here is the entire script: =
https://github.com/atmosx/morula/blob/master/morula=20

Panagiotis Atmatzidis