On 28 Apr 2002, at 2:31, Jim Freeze wrote:
>  I am interested in developing a website using ruby. I plan
> to use mod_ruby, eruby and mysql. I would like to work up a
> website system that would be flexible, easy to administer and
> could be open-sourced. If anyone ... is interested in this
> area of development, I would like to hear from you.

This is exactly the area I'm looking to work in.

I'd be very hapy to pool my efforts wherever possible - i.e on
the actual site-building and site-management tools in Ruby,
and working on SQL triggers to mySQL from Ruby from DMZ'd
web-servers into a mySQL d/b on a private LAN, for creating
dynamic pages from Internet connections using pre-defined
queries, and queries which can be customised from the client
web-browser within limits.

Drawback - I'm not near Kentucky, by an ocean.  Still, I hear
they have this new-fangled internet thingie for geographically-
distributed development teams...

As soon as I can track down a pre-compiled binary of
mod_ruby for i486 under Win98, my server'll be up on the 'net.
(If I can get my hands on a pre-compiled binary of mod_ruby
for Linux, it'll be up as soon as I can convert my server over to
Linux.

(I'm spending my spare time downloading the latest stable
Debian).

Cheers,
     Euan
xlucid / users.sourceforge.net

'I would live all my life in nonchalance and insouciance,
Were it not for making a living, which is rather a nouciance'
 - Ogden Nash