>> It'd be nice if you read the thread before chipping in. Adam Prescott
>> nailed this one. Here's another example:
>
> I don't get it. =A0I've been polite and reasonable -- and evidently
> overlooked one fucking statement. =A0For this crime, I've got a couple
> people crawling up my ass with pitchforks and torches.
>
> Have fun. =A0You don't need my involvement to "justify" your prickish
> behavior any longer.

I think it's come to the point where a forum is better than a mailing
list for general discussions about Ruby.  I never would have said that
a few years ago, but I'm saying it now.  In a mailing list, every
message gets beamed into your inbox, so some people think they have
the right to  react negatively to ignorance/oversights/off-topic
chatter, etc.  In a forum, you opt in to discussions, and have to
accept that it's a discussion, which typically involves repetition and
redundancy, as it's conducted by humans.

Different sections to a forum make great sense as well.

Maybe there already is a vibrant one out there that I don't know about.