Hi,

I come from a PHP background. I've created many web apps in PHP, using
simple self-made ORM classes and also other popular open-source
frameworks.

I intend to learn Ruby thoroughly before jumping to any Ruby web
framework. How do I create simple web applications using plain Ruby (and
a server like WEBrick of course)? I learnt PHP by creating simple
classes that could read stuff from and add to the database. Once I was
through with this, I started learning other major frameworks in PHP
(like Yii). I think it will be best to learn Ruby the same way, once I
know the basic concepts of it.

How do I go about this? How can I create a very simple web app in Ruby,
with a few classes that can talk to the db?