On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 08:19:06AM +0900, Ryan Davis wrote:

> Except for that whole "parse time is different from run time" part you
> seem to be blithely ignoring. If you've already parsed float literals,
> then they're floats and are already lossy.

Are you telling me that 1.1 is automatically lossy, regardless of how you
got there?  I guess I need to go back and refresh my understanding of the
math, because I thought a literal decimal number was fine but one
achieved by arithmetic was likely to contain subtle errors due to the way
the binary math is handled.