> Can you help me what you did in these two statements:
>
>     $CFLAGS << " -DWIN32 -I#{pcap_includedir}"
>     $LDFLAGS << " -L#{pcap_libdir}"
>
> Which I assume is what ultimately fixed the issue?

Glad to hear it's working so far and interested on whether it really
grabs works when grabbing packet info.

The `-I` and `-L` to `$CFLAGS` basically tells the DevKit toolchain
(MSYS/MinGW based) where to look for the WinPcap headers and libraries
when building the pcaprub extension. A nit, but the `-I` option probably
should have been appended to `$INCFLAGS`.

The `-DWIN32` is needed because both the pcaprub and WinPap source
(incorrectly) check for the `WIN32` pre-processor macro as a proxy for
building on a Windows platform. The source should really be check the
`_WIN32` macro so one doesn't need to define `WIN32` and things just
work when building with MinGW, VC++ IDE, or Windows SDK.

Jon