Dear Rubyists, I have been inspired by the wonderful PERL shell known as
Zoidberg (https://metacpan.org/module/Zoidberg) to work on a Ruby UNIX
command shell.  I do not think this has already been done yet.

I imagine the ability to use basic commands like cd, ls, echo from Ruby and
also to use controls like >, |, etc.  For sysadmins like me, I think this
might be a very useful tool!

So I've started on this task twice without making much progress.  My first
approach was to try pass ruby-bits to eval and program execution to popen.
My current thought is that it will be a lot easier to simply override the
class Irb.  I'm not sure if this is a bad idea as my code might become tied
to a specific version of ruby/irb.

I'm wondering if anyone else has thought about this problem and cares to
give me any advice/suggestions.  If anyone is interested in collaboration,
we could use github.

Thanks!

Rohit