Marc Heiler wrote in post #1041861:
> I like to keep errors very small and self-descriptive whenever possible.
>
> What I am playing with is to, rather than subclass, perhaps use an
>
> Exception.new('too few arguments') if @found_error
>
> Or something like that, rather than a specific raise(). But I am
> strange. ;)

RuntimeError.new() would be a better default, and indeed there is a
shorter form for this:

raise "too few arguments" if @found_error

RuntimeError is a subclass of StandardError, and StandardError is the
set of "normally rescuable" exceptions. Errors outside of StandardError
are usually critical system errors like NoMemoryError or SyntaxError
which you wouldn't normally attempt to catch.