Il giorno Sun, 22 Jan 2012 04:56:33 +0900
Paet Worlds II <paetilium / live.com> ha scritto:

> Hey everyone, I'm very new to Ruby and I'm starting to do a bit more
> hands-on practice... So I decided to make an attempt at making a small
> bit of code, but when I run it, nothing happens... Can someone please
> explain why?...
>
> Here is what I have so far:
>

> class RoboEngine
>
>   def initialize
>    puts "Initializing..."
>    Init.action1
>   end
>
> end
>
> class Initialization
>
>   def action1
>     puts "Initialized!"
>     sleep(0.3)
>     puts "Loading Thought Process..."
>   end
> end
>
> Init = Initialization.new
>

> So why is it that when I run this, nothing happens? Nothing is
> printed...

You create an object of class Initialization and assign it to the constant
Init. The only methods which are called is Initialization#initialize, called
from Initialize.new. Since you haven't defined it, Object#initialize is used
instead and it does nothing.

I guess what you want is to also create an instance of RoboEngine, after
creating the Initialization object:

Init = Initialization.new
robo = RoboEngine.new

I hope this helps