Hiya All,

I've been learning Ruby for about 2 weeks or so and had a go at putting
together proper bit of code, which I of course can't get working ;) Part
of my practice is to see how if..., while..., collect... and so on work.

In the code I have a set of embedded arrays with various strings. I then
generate a sequential number (0, 1, 2, etc) and a random number. With
those I index into each array in sequence using the sequence number, and
use the random number to pick a string at random from within them.

The output should be say "a, B" or "c, A", etc.

I've been testing this in SciTe and get results of either [nil, nil] or
just "a, b" every time. Running it in Codepad I got [nil, nil] and [98,
98].

How the heck I can get nil, nil I don;t know, I'm guessing I'm getting
int/str mixed up here.

If anyone has a moment, could you look over the code I pasted at
Codepad. Any guidance on what I'm missing here technically and logically
would be greatly appreciated.

http://codepad.org/ohuMRrlE

Regards,

Dave.