> Should we count this as a vote for Phoenix, then? :-)
> At least it's only 110 degrees (F) there.
>
> Or you can all visit me here in Sedona. (120 miles
> north of Phoenix, and a few thousand feet higher,
> so it only gets to 90-100 degrees. With the
> low humidity, this can be very tolerable).
>
> Sedona is visitor-oriented, and although the
> chemical composition is different, somewhat
> ruby-colored:
>
>   http://users.sedona.net/~jayts/photos/

Sedona would be a great choice, and not just because I can drive there in 2
hours. :)
Flagstaff might be god choice, too.

Both are cooler than towns down in the valley (i.e., Phoenix), and quite
pretty.

Or the Grand Canyon.  Sitting on the edge with a laptop and a large coffee
sounds quite entertaining.

James