Hi --

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Daniel Berger wrote:

> Ok - so I'm probably jumping the gun here, but hey, what the heck.

That's OK :-)  At some point fairly soon, we will post a call for
presentation topics.  I think we're going to have more people this
year.  Also, we have two rooms for three days, instead of one room for
two days, so there's more time and space.  I know this introduces the
vexing problem of having things run concurrently and not everyone
being able to go to everything... but, for better or worse, that's how
it is at virtually every non-tiny conference, probably with good
reason.

Just to plant an idea in people's heads: we're thinking of doing a
poster session, i.e., a part of one room where projects and proposals
can be presented and distributed throughout the conference.  This is a
good way to let ideas proliferate while taking the burden off the
formal/linear presentations.

Believe it or not, there is a #rubyconf channel on
irc.openprojects.net, usually occupied only by me and a mail-bot named
matz_ :-)  Feel free to join us.

> Topics I think might be good conference topics or just rountable
> discussions (in no particular order) :

Thanks for the list.  I think virtually all of these topics are going
to be on a lot of people's minds.  Some may get proposed as formal
presentations, while others, as you suggest, are probably well-suited
to roundtable discussion.  It will be some time before a real schedule
emerges... but hopefully it will end up covering most of these one way
or the other.

David

--
David Alan Black