Hi! I would like to extend nfdump in Ruby, which will be probably
challenge for me, because I have never write any extension.
What is core thing is, that nfdump reads binary file with huge amount of
data. This reading and all other job I want to do nfdump which is in C
and dont have library files, so I cant use ffi or something like that.
Nfdump reads file header, makes a structure represents a netflow file
and than it reads n flow records which is represented by struct in which
is another struct and variables.
I need to get this structure to Ruby.
My first question is, if its possible to get struct in which is other
struct etc. to Ruby.
Second is about approach. I have some problems with embedding Ruby
Interpreter in C- example from Programming in Ruby fails on SegFault. So
do you thing it is possible to write this as Ruby extension?
In the case of Ruby extension I didnt see in any example how to get to
Ruby struct which is inicialized in C. I cant inicialize it in Ruby
because its a lot of data and I dont know how many flows are in file. I
cant give structs to array because of memory problem and also I need to
work with record as soon as its read from the file by C.
Your suggestion are highly welcomed. Thanks in advance.