Hello,

On 17  2012, at 19:29 , Chad Perrin wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:05:26AM +0900, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Rory Glenn Pascua
>> <roryglennpascua / yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How about downloading Ruby on my Windows box?  Would you guys recommend
>>> doing this?
>>
>> No, stick to Linux -- you'll be a lot happier in the long run :-)
>
> My preference is for FreeBSD, but one of the many Linux distributions
> would be an improvement over MS Windows.

Your choice is kinda wise. I installed Gentoo because of prior good knowledge of the distribution and I had an awful lot of hassles in order to install ruby-1.9.3. Then I did it using RVM which caused another string of issues with fcron (my default cron deamon).

I don't know what's the current state of ruby in Ubuntu, Mint and other major desktop distributions as my desktop system is MacOSX (Lion). I'm using the MacPorts ruby version which is running with no problems at all here.

UPDATE: By looking on the online though, FreeBSD has a kinda of similar issues: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=28229

> [...]
> --
> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]