On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:05:26AM +0900, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Rory Glenn Pascua
> <roryglennpascua / yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > How about downloading Ruby on my Windows box? ?Would you guys recommend
> > doing this?
>
> No, stick to Linux -- you'll be a lot happier in the long run :-)

My preference is for FreeBSD, but one of the many Linux distributions
would be an improvement over MS Windows.

More seriously . . . I find Ruby to be quite handy even on MS Windows
systems.  While I personally try to avoid working on MS Windows, my
professional career has not made it entirely avoidable, and for such work
Ruby is still the most fun I've ever had coding -- regardless of
platform.  I recommend it on *any* platform.