On 01/17/2012 09:27 AM, Rory Glenn Pascua wrote:
> How about downloading Ruby on my Windows box?  Would you guys recommend
> doing this?  Has anyone here have experience working on Ruby on a
> Windows box?  Thanks.

What do you hope to gain by using Windows?  I'm not arguing against it
out of hand, but without knowing your goals, it's hard to make a good
recommendation.

If all you want to do is try Ruby from within irb and you already have a
Windows box ready to go, you will probably be satisfied running Ruby
under Windows.  Just be aware that there are still differences between
Windows and non-Windows environments under Ruby, so porting what you do
from one environment to the other can be difficult at times.

Otherwise, you should take the earlier advice and use RVM to install
Ruby to your RHEL5 system if you can.

-Jeremy