First off I apologize for the 'noobishness' of this question. I'm on a
quest to teach myself programming and I started off with Ruby. Now I'm
following online lessons and it's going pretty well but I'm stuck on
program they suggested to make and I don't want to move forward until I
know how to do it.

They want me to write a program that asks for someone's favorite number
then add 1 to the number and say that the program thinks that number is
just a little bit bigger and better. This is what I have:

p 'Hey you! What\'s your favorite number?'
fav = gets.chomp
fav2 = fav.to_i + 1
p '...well that\'s an OK number but don\'t you think ' + fav2 + ' is a
little bit bigger and better?'

(I have puts abbreviated to p)

So far from what I've learned I'm stuck, what am I getting wrong here?