Hi,

In message "Re: Language deisng question and stinrgs and object id's"
    on Sat, 14 Jan 2012 23:38:00 +0900, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs / dos32.com> writes:

|I understand what's happening.  I just don't know why the language designer(s) decided on -- what is to me -- surprising behavior.

String literals create clone of strings each time they are evaluated,
because strings in Ruby are mutable, so I'd like to avoid literal
modification bugs.  The other option is to make string literals
immutable, but that what I didn't choose.

Strings from literals shares body so that they don't consumes much
memory or copying cost.

							matz.