Bigmac Turdsplash <i8igmac / aim.com> wrote:

>I figured this out after testing a few browsers...
>here is my little hack for scanning threw a header...
>
>ping = finger.index("Host:")
>pong = finger.index("\n",ping)
>host = finger[ping..pong].gsub("Host:","")
>
>So, i have a stable proxy running, My goal is to place at the top of
>every page a banner or advertisement...

Your goal is slimy.

>send_data_to_client response.sub("</title>","</titlE> Hellow world
>advertisement")
>
>this works, but the page loads improperly...

The <title> tag lives in the <head> part of the page.  There isn't supposed
to be anything renderable in the <head> part.  You should be looking for
the <body> tag, and insert your slime just after that.  If there isn't one,
then just shove your slime as the very first thing.

>so i tried to change the content-length of the packet to zero... I also
>tried to increase the size of content-length to make room for my
>banner...

You do need to update Content-Length.
--
Tim Roberts, timr / probo.com