Luis Lavena wrote in post #1040251:
> Ruby README, section "How to compile and install"
>
> Point #4.
> --
> Luis Lavena

Yes, I had already removed the comment marks from the appropriate lines.
Thank you, though.

Marc Heiler wrote in post #1040263:
> Is it even possible to compile and use a completely static ruby variant
> which is as independent on possible on host libraries?
>
> I love statically compiled applications especially about base or core
> system stuff (like make or coreutils, I don't mind shared libraries for
> huge beasts like openoffice)

I'd really like this implementation to be a standalone exe, but in
addition to this problem I'm also having a bit of trouble with using the
static lib rather than the dll lib.  While I can get the core
interpreter to run with the static lib, it breaks 'require' and causes
compiler warnings when I refer to variables that would normally be in
the dll such as 'rb_cObject' and 'rb_eTypeError'.