Il giorno Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:51:28 +0900
"Luke D." <crazybuzz100 / gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi Ruby world!
>
> Just thought I'd post my first Ruby program and say hi.
>
> I'm a classical pianist/vocalist and have to learn Sol-fa as part of my
> aural work at UNI.
> This is my first stab at making a program of any use to me, quite
> exciting!
>
> If anyone has some suggestions (features, simplify code, bad commenting
> etc.) it would be good if I knew now before I delved deeper into the
> Ruby world!

Just a couple of small improvements:
* convert the number of notes to sing to a number before storing it in the
  how_many variable, rather than doing it every time you use the variable:

  how_many = gets.chomp.to_i

  This allows you to remove the .to_i when you use how_many

* you don't need to call to_y on the result of rand(7), as it already returns
  an integer

Stefano