Hi --

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Daniel Berger wrote:

> The Perl community has such a beast, called "Perl Mongers", where people at
> or near (usually) major cities can get together and have little get
> togethers to talk about Perl stuff.  Thus you have the London.pm (pm = perl
> monger, a play on 'perl module'), Minneapolis.pm, etc.  Generally, this
> seems to to consist of one or two people giving a presentation, followed by
> beer drinking.  I think that one person from the area more or less
> volunteers to run it, sets up a mailing list, and mails out invites or
> requests for presentations.  I think the average gathering happens about onc
> e a month (depending on the group).

Slightly different beast -- what you're describing is more like
local/regional Ruby Users Groups, rather than a (probably one-shot)
code-fest/"camp" attended by people from various places.

(To paraphrase Tobi R.: there's no collision or mutual exclusion between
these ideas.  They're just somewhat different.)

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net