On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Phil Tomson wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0204261241400.23359-100000 / bigfun.whirlycott.com>,
> Pat Eyler  <pate / eylerfamily.org> wrote:
> >
> >Ruby Beach is a nice (secluded) beach on the pacific, mostly sand, a
> >little rock further from the water.  It's on the Olympic Peninsula, and
> >has a lot of greenery immediately around it (a temperate rainforest).
> >
> >you can see a couple of pics at:
> >http://www.eylerfamily.org/mar-trip/rubyBeach
>
> If you've never been to the Olympic Peninsula you probably cannot
> appreciate what 'has a lot of greenery' means ;-)

Okay, so I understated it a bit ... 'You will be awash in plants on your
approach to the beach.' may be closer to the truth ...

> Let's meet on the Olympic Peninsula in August instead of Texas - it's only
> a 2.5 hour drive for me and the climate will be so much nicer there than
> Texas in August. :)

How about we do a Ruby Code Retreat on the Olympic Peninsula in July so as
not to conflict with the Texas meeting.  No sense in not doing both of
them, though why anyone would choose to be in Texas in August is beyond
me.   ;)

-pate