In article <Pine.LNX.4.30.0204261241400.23359-100000 / bigfun.whirlycott.com>,
Pat Eyler  <pate / eylerfamily.org> wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
>
>> [Pat Eyler wrote:]
>> > Ooh, this is a terribly cool idea.  I'd actually thought about something
>> > similar to run the day before RubyConf2002 ...  There's a ruby beach about
>> > 4 hours drive from Seattle.  I thought that if we could rent/charter a
>> > van/minibus/small camper we could drive/code/socialize our way to the
>> > beach, have a BBQ and enjoy the scenery for a while, then
>> > drive/code/socialize our way back.
>>
>> Pardon? A ruby beach?
>
>Ruby Beach is a nice (secluded) beach on the pacific, mostly sand, a
>little rock further from the water.  It's on the Olympic Peninsula, and
>has a lot of greenery immediately around it (a temperate rainforest).
>
>you can see a couple of pics at:
>http://www.eylerfamily.org/mar-trip/rubyBeach

If you've never been to the Olympic Peninsula you probably cannot
appreciate what 'has a lot of greenery' means ;-)

Let's meet on the Olympic Peninsula in August instead of Texas - it's only
a 2.5 hour drive for me and the climate will be so much nicer there than
Texas in August. :)

Phil