On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 06:03:10AM +0900, Khat Harr wrote:
> I had thought from readme.ext that configuring with the
> '--with-static-linked-ext' argument would cause the extensions listed in
> ext\config to be compiled into the interpreter such that they would not
> need to be 'require'd when running scripts with that interpreter.  This
> seems not to be the case, so I'm wondering what this argument actually
> does and if there is a way to do what I had thought it did.

I'd guess it means that the libraries on which the interpreter depends
are statically compiled with it so that if you want to move the
interpreter (for instance) you don't have to move a bunch of libraries
along with it, or otherwise account for a change in the relative
locations of interpreter and libraries, and so that changes in the
libraries on the system separate from the interpreter will not break the
interpreter.  Considering I'm not entirely sure what you're asking,
though, I suppose I might misunderstand what you're asking.