I started writing a little microframework built on top of Sinatra for
similar reasons. I got kind of fed up thinking that ruby's harder to get
__simple__ database-backed web apps up than something like PHP with
mysql.

So I basically built on top of ActiveSupport, ActiveModel, Sinatra and
DBI. So it really is close to the metal, and much harder to get caught
in the sea of abstraction that Rails sometimes presents me with.

The code's on Github, and although I haven't added docs yet I plan on
doing that this week. If you're curious, there's a simple 'ORM" called
LazyRecord that basically does things like #save, #destroy, #update,
etc...

code is here: https://github.com/luke-gru/studio54

LazyRecord: is in lib/lazy_record.rb
LazyController is in lib/lazy_controller.rb

main file is 'dance.rb', where routes are mapped, controllers are called
and responses are sent.

It's called Studio54 because it's like Sinatra meets Rails...

oh boy..

-Luke