Xeno Campanoli wrote in post #1038789:
> Looks like I may need to merely find the old eruby gem...??

The trouble is, almost nobody runs Ruby this way any more, and so you're
likely to find yourself without support even if you manage to make it
work. mod_ruby is crusty, and especially having multiple ruby apps all
sharing the same ruby interpreter instance is a recipe for security
nightmares and applications stomping on each other.

These days, I suggest you would be best running one of the following:

* Phusion Passenger, a.k.a. mod_rails
* A reverse proxy (e.g. Apache mod_proxy or Nginx) talking to a ruby
backend webserver (e.g. mongrel, unicorn, rainbows etc)
* fastcgi, if neither of the above can work in your situation

In each case, the idea is that each ruby app is a self-contained HTTP
server, with extra instances being forked as required to handle larger
load. Phusion and mod_fcgi can do this dynamically for you.

You need some sort of framework for your app, unless you want to write
native Rack apps. I would suggest Sinatra as a very simple approach
which supports ERB templates nicely.

Regards,

Brian.