Hello Peter and Wayne.

Thanks for the advice on the block, that tip is no doubt going to save
me in future scripts aswell. Well now the batch file successfully
processes the file but instead of renaming it, it just disappears and I
do no know where it goes? Running from the command line still works as
it should its just the batch process that is causing the problems still.
It doesent make any sense... How is it working from command line and not
when i input it via a batch file? is there way to output the renamed
file to the current directory?

Thanks again for all the help, im not trying to be a serial question
asker but im so close.