Am I understanding this correctly, and are my terms correct?  Thanks in
advance, and happy new year everyone!

        variable = receiver.object.method( arguments )
...or...
        variable = receiver.object.send( :method, arguments )

* variable: Result storage (an object_id returned by the method call, often
nil or otherwise).

* receiver: Who gets the message (:method), typically self.  Controlled by
the class of the object.  Ruby looks up the class stack until it finds the
method or exhausts the stack.

* object: An instance of the class, with a unique object_id.

* arguments: Literally, other object_ids being passed to the method.  Can
include strings, numbers, hashes, arrays, and blocks.