Peter Vandenabeele wrote in post #1038946:

> I am curious how I got into this situation though ... (I was upgrading
> in rvm from the default 1.9.2 .rvmrc to test a new 1.9.3 environment
> and maybe I made a mistake in that process ... I cannot exactly
> reproduce my command history).

Did you use rvm upgrade to copy gems from one version to the other?

Gems with C extensions links against Ruby shared library.

The differences between the API, while stated to be compatible (in
relation to the functions exposed), might not be the case with existing
compiled objects.

Cheers,

--
Luis Lavena