On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 10:42, Yong Li <gilbertly / gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe you will be interested in reading "Introduction to Algorithms".
> There is a whole chapter discussing how to implement hash tables
> including criteria of good hash functions.

What in what I°«ve written in this thread suggests that I don°«t know
anything about hash tables and hashing functions?

I have read said book, chapter 6 of The Art of Computer Programming,
and many other books and articles that cover this subject.  I don°«t
mention this to brag, but to point out the fact that this isn°«t a
newbie asking a question on this mailing list.