Hi --

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Pat Eyler wrote:

> Would it be worth considering holding multiple ruby gatherings in
> different areas concurrently?  Each could focus on a specific topic
> working, learning, and socializing together (and maybe ircing between the
> groups).  At the end of the sessions, each group could present ideas,
> docs, new code, whatever back to the larger ruby community.  We could pick
> a day (or a long weekend), call it World Ruby Day, and get to work.

Maybe worth considering, but I guess my reservation is that the more
complex a plan, and the broader the consensus it requires, the less
likely it is ever to happen.  I think Ruby camps (or whatever) should
be encouraged to spring up whe[rn]ever possible.  That wouldn't
necessarily mean that what you're envisioning could never happen --
just that if people are eager to meet and have little codefests, it
would sort of be too bad for them not to just go ahead with it.

Although... maybe there could be some kind of repository or checkout
system for Ruby-camp-driven projects... though, again, personally I'd
want to encourage people to get together even if it isn't part of a
larger project or system.

David

--
David Alan Black