On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Jim Freeze wrote:

> > > coincidence
> > >
> > > Well, ya know, I reckon there ain't much you can do in TX in August
> > > other than sit under the cooler and program...
> >
> > I'll still be living in TX when August rolls around, so as long as it's in
> > D/FW, maybe I can show up (Mr. Thomas is also in the area...)
> >
> > Chris
>
> I may have to schedule a visit to TX in August.

Would it be worth considering holding multiple ruby gatherings in
different areas concurrently?  Each could focus on a specific topic
working, learning, and socializing together (and maybe ircing between the
groups).  At the end of the sessions, each group could present ideas,
docs, new code, whatever back to the larger ruby community.  We could pick
a day (or a long weekend), call it World Ruby Day, and get to work.

-pate