R> PS eval is used in this script!!!  I'd gladly get rid of it if there's a
R> good way to.

 Well, I know nothing about weblog but I've not understood why you use
 eval. You can't do the same with an Hash ?

 If I'm right #eval is just used to replace some variables in the text like
 #{body}, #{title}. If this is only its use, you can use an hash no ?

 If you have another use, you can perhaps use $SAFE, something like this

pigeon% cat b.rb
#!/usr/bin/ruby
["Time::now", "File::new('b.rb')"].each do |c|
   r = Thread.new do
      $SAFE = 4
      eval c
   end.join
   puts r.value
end

pigeon%

pigeon% b.rb
Sat Apr 27 13:53:10 CEST 2002
./b.rb:5: (eval):1:in `initialize': Insecure operation - initialize (SecurityError)
        from ./b.rb:3:in `join'
        from ./b.rb:3
        from ./b.rb:2:in `each'
        from ./b.rb:2