On 11 Apr 2002, at 1:03, Michael Davis wrote:
> Robb Shecter wrote:
> > Anybody have any suggestions for using Ruby in place of Visual
> > Basic for doing database front ends?  My question isn't about
> > the language per se, but rather whether all the parts exist yet
> > for Ruby:
> >
> > * Windows GUI toolkit that supports complex widgets like
> > tables. * ADO or ODBC interface library. * Deployment scheme
> > (some kind of compiler + packager, etc.)
> >
> My goal for Locana is to create a replacement for Access97.  This
> could be easily expaned to include VB (VB and Access have a lot
> in common). In this moment, Locana is missing many key parts to
> make this transition viable.  I am planning to add database
> attributes to many Locana objects and a table object in the
> upcoming months.  More information can be found at www.locana.org
> in case anyone is interested in helping out with this effort.

Is FoxWindows one of the future target GUI toolkits for
Locana?

What does Locana use for the database part of Access
development?  (on the web-page it's only listed as being a
Toolkit for using GUI Toolkits...)

(A long read later...  Ah, I see.  It's a combination of Locana
/plus/ another product, Aruna, that's the Access replacement.
Got it).

Cheers,
     Euan
xlucid / users.sourceforge.net

'I would live all my life in nonchalance and insouciance,
Were it not for making a living, which is rather a nouciance'
 - Ogden Nash