Hello everybody! :)

So, I've been wanting to start programming for a very long time, but
never got the ball rolling, I stumbled upon Ruby a while back and just
decided it's where I want to start.

I have very, very limited experience in HTML & CSS, so I'm pretty much
completely new to programming.

My question to you guys is this: What might be considered the best, most
up to date book for complete beginners to learn Ruby?

I looked at 'Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional' by Peter
Cooper and liked the sound of it for the most part, however it was
highlighted by a fair few people that it was outdated and some of the
information regarding 1.9 was limited and in some cases, incorrect.

I'm open to any suggestions and any other tips you guys might have for
someone wanting to take their first step into the programming world!

Any replies are appreciated :D