Hi,

  I am currently in the middle of a TCL user base and I want out!

Current setup:
1. I have written a TCL library
2. Users write TCL configure scripts to call the library
   - configure scripts can use all available commands in TCL (i.e., for,
     while, procedures, variables, etc.)

What I would like to do:
1. Leave the user configure scripts alone
2. Rewrite the TCL library so that it is in Ruby.
3. Have a Ruby TCL interpreter that reads (parses) the configure scripts
   - the interpreter outputs errors found in the TCL scripts
   - ability to call methods in the Ruby library
   - users do not notice that a difference between the two versions

Or:
1. Any other solution that allows the users to still write in TCL and can
call the Ruby library (such that errors in the TCL can be found)

Solution?
Currently I have found that there is a ext/tcltk module.  I don't know if
this will work after looking through the documentation (I don't know
japanese) or the examples.

Anybody know if the ext/tcltk module will do any of the above?

I have also found RTCL on RAA, but it is way out dated and does not seem
to work on the example that the author supplies.  Plus it does not report
errors in the TCL only on the ruby side.

Any other solutions?

  Thanks
    Craig

 Craig Files                                |                  /
  http://coxcomb.ftc.agilent.com/~cfiles/   |       __o       /
  craig_files / agilent.com                   |       \<,      /