I'll give it another go round with those, but I think I tried that 
before.  If I remember correctly I had some kind of compiler problems 
with RUBY_INIT_STACK.  All of the embedding discussions I've seen poking 
around google didn't mention it so I figured it wasn't used in 
embedding.  Anyway, I'll try messing with that again.  :)

Any further advice would be welcome, as I mentioned I have to collect 
this information and then go back home and tinker with it away from the 
internet, so I'd really like to get as much advice as possible before 
returning to the secret-lab/stinky-bachelor-pad.

-- 
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.