rubix Rubix wrote in post #1037123:
> I am trying to use multithreading with multi acces webpage/database
> but the problem is every thread is waiting for the other to finish t o
> begin his work so I don't take advantage for the wait for a wabpage to
> be downloaded for example
> I read on internet that multithread in ruby is not the normal thread
> like other langages, Is that true or I can find somethign to work it?

*If* you are using a library of C extensions, and your platform is MRI
(i.e. the standard ruby 1.8 or 1.9), you may find that when something
blocks in the C extension then it blocks the whole interpreter.

Sometimes, using a 'pure ruby' version of the library will perform
better under those circumstances (e.g. there's a pure ruby version of
the mysql API, as well as the C wrapper one)

But since you haven't posted any code or given any details of your
platform or what you're trying to talk to, I can't really be more
specific.

Regards,

Brian.