On 15/11/11 24:47 , Kevin wrote:
> @Vassilis: Why did you choose Ruby for your build system; does the
> language or languages your project uses not come with build tools that
> are adequate?  Or is it just a convenience thing like not having to
> fire up your IDE or $EDITOR just to run tests?  Have you investigated
> other Ruby implementations like JRuby or Ironruby?
It's actually simple: there are 4 IDEs, 5 compilers and 4 languages not
counting our DSLs for code generation and test specifications.
Maintaining project files for all IDEs becomes an exercise in futility
so the best way is to revert to a command line build and then generate
project files on demand.
Rake and Ruby are ideal for such an integration task.
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.ampelofilosofies.gr