Hi.

Say I write something in Ruby. Then I want to translate this code
into C.

I do not aim for 100% translation. 60% is sufficiently well.

For instance, think you are using only classes, and "def method"
in those classes. No metaprogramming, no blocks etc...

You use only a small subset of Ruby.

And now you want to translate this into C. (Pure C, not Ruby-C).

I can do this by hand (if given enough time), but I want to reduce
this amount spent.

The language C is just an example. You can insert any-other language
into this.

My question is - how to approach this goal?

My most simple way would be via using readlines of the .rb file
and then analyzing it. And then inserting what seems appropriate.

But I could do this without the use of a scanner.

Do I have to use a scanner though and tokenize the stream?