John,

welcome to Ruby!

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:17 PM, john fink <doark / mail.com> wrote:
> Hello fellow rubyists,
>
> Please read the whole post despite the fact it's little long.

It is usually better to post unrelated questions in multiple threads.
That makes it easier for everybody to understand and answer.

> I like Ruby and I'm willing to read all the documentation that you
> create but it will not help me if I don't get it.

Which parts did you read so far?  I am asking because I believe the
majority of questions will be answered when you read on.

Kind regards

rober

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/