Luis Lavena wrote in post #1036857:
> Did you check your console is actually using TrueType fonts?
>
> Have you tried setting the codepage to Unicode? (chcp 65001)
>
> --
> Luis Lavena

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed to unicode as suggested (chcp
65001). Also I changed my font in the Command Prompt to Lucida Console.

This seems to....almost work. However, my Ruby hangs! :(

Content in file test.rb:
# Encoding: CP65001
puts ""

C:\>ruby test.rb

And there it apparently hangs indefinitely! I have to press Ctrl+C to
abort it:
test.rb:2:in `write': Interrupt
        from test.rb:2:in `puts'
        from test.rb:2:in `puts'
        from test.rb:2:in `<main>'

Curiously, I am also not able to access irb when using CP 65001:

C:\>irb

C:\>
C:\>chcp 850
Aktiv tegntabell: 850

C:\>irb
irb(main):001:0> puts ""

=> nil
irb(main):002:0> exit

It's not that big a deal for me, I can still manage, but I cant help but
feel annoyed not getting the encoding working right.

Regards,
Chris