Im working on a script which is going to be printing some non-ascii
characters (), and for the life of me, I just cant seemto make it
print in the Windows Command Prompt terminal! I think I have done what
should be enough to make it work, defining the encoding in my ruby file,
but it just isnt working. However, if I try to print the same
characters in irb, it works just fine. I can make it work by injecting
hex values in my strings, but Id rather not have to do that, as that
code isnt very readable. Im at a loss here, and would be grateful if
anyone can help me out with my encoding woes!

OS: Windows XP 32 bit SP3

C:\>ruby -v
ruby 1.9.2p180 (2011-02-18) [i386-mingw32]

Content in file test.rb:
# Encoding: CP850
puts ""
puts "\x91\x9B\x86"
puts Encoding.default_external

C:\>ruby test.rb
изизиз

CP850

C:\>irb
irb(main):001:0> puts ""

=> nil
irb(main):002:0> puts "\x91\x9B\x86"

=> nil
irb(main):003:0> puts Encoding.default_external
CP850

Regards,
Chris