On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Jonan Scheffler
<jonanscheffler / gmail.com>wrote:

> If you need a project go to http://projecteuler.net/ and start working
> through the problems.
>
> They are interesting problems mathematically and will help your
> understanding of math as well as programming.

I've done 140 of those, and can say that while they're wonderful for
learning problem solving, they don't lend themselves well to OOP, and that
Ruby is often far too slow to be a good choice of language for working on
them.

I did try to model the challenges from RKS after this idea (e.g.
https://github.com/JoshCheek/ruby-kickstart/tree/master/session1/challenge),
though, that you can work on a problem independently, and test it to find
out if you got it correct (because I did find PE's problems to be enjoyable
and fruitful, even if I didn't learn my coding style from them).