Have you tried manually editing the path variable?
Does that work?

What OS are you using?

On WinXP Right click on My computer
Choose "Advanced" tab
Then "Environmental variables"
In the "system variables" list list click on path.

You can view the path variable and you may be able to Edit it from there to
add "C:\Ruby193\bin" , just don't change the current ones or you may break
other things.

But I am guessing you probably don't have access to change it as it says
"You must be logged on as a member of the administrators group to change
change values"

You maybe able to Create a new User variable that will only work for your
account.
In the top group (user variables for {accountName}) Try creating a new
variable called "Path" and put "C:\Ruby193\bin" as the value.

That should be appended to the System environment path variable, only for
your account.

I hope this works for you, sorry if I am leading you astray.

Jaxxa.