The only way to learn ruby is to write ruby scripts.

Rather than focus on books, I advise you to focus on code.

Start a small script. Have it do one thing well.

Extend it slowly in an OOP fashion.

Try to stay elegant and succint when possible.

When you don't know how to solve something, ask others
whether that is good. If they say it is bad, they say
where to improve.

Do this for a few months and you should be quite good
in Ruby.

The problem-solving domain of programming is unspecific
to any particular language though.

Also, if you can, always try to learn more about math.

Higher math I almost forgot completely, we learned that
in school.